Dry Needling in Hilversum bij Centrum Eén & Al This page in Dutch
For Dry Needling muscle knots (trigger points) will be punctured with a dry acupuncture needle, the muscle relaxes rapidly and prolonged. Trigger points cause alongside local pressure pain also pain on distance. For more information: www.dryneedling.nl
Dry Needling is a relatively unknown form of therapy in the Netherlands. Only in recent years in the Netherlands used by physiotherapists. For Dry Needling muscle knots (trigger points) will be punctured with a dry acupuncture needle, the muscle relaxes rapidly and prolonged. Trigger points cause alongside local pressure pain also pain on distance.
Dry Needling and acupuncture differs in that dry needling focuses on the trigger points and acupuncture focuses on the energy system. Dry Needling treatment falls within the physiotherapy treatment.
Trigger points can be expressed in:
• pain / stiffness locally in muscle pain and elsewhere ‘remote’
• restriction of movement in joints
• decreased strength in the muscle (s)
• pain avoidance behavior, you’re “different” moving
• tingling in arms / legs, headaches, dizziness.
How could trigger points arise?
• Acute time – eg through a wrong move (above ourselves) or accident / sports injuries.
• Chronic – eg by a prolonged poor posture and / or RSI / CANS.
• Prolonged absence of movement, eg plaster, brace or sling.
• “Weak” incidental ligaments ankles and / or knees.
• Psychological factors such as stress and depression.
• Foot Abnormalities, instability and / or differences in leg length, eg after a fracture or surgery.
• Too tight clothing or improper wearing a backpack.
How does dry needling feels?
You don’t feel the insertion of the needle. If the correct trigger point is punctured, the muscle spans briefly. This gives a kind of “cramp” feeling. Then the muscle usually relaxes immediately and you can easily move. Often the treated muscles feels tired and heavy, but that is usually of shorter duration.
What does the physiotherapist?
The physiotherapist will begin a conversation about your symptoms and targeted research analysis.
Then the muscles will be further investigated, which may cause your pain.
In those muscles will be specifically looked for trigger points.
In these places, the physiotherapist will be treating the muscles to relax.
All forms of treatment within Centrum Eén & Al are:
Acupuncture, Cosmetic Acunctuur, Astrology, Breath Therapy, Aromatherapy, Brain Wave Therapy, Business Coaching, Dry Needling, EFT, Family constellation, Physiotherapy, Weight Consultant, Hypnotherapy, Life Coaching, Massage, Medical Tape, Medical Consult, Mulligan therapy, NEI therapy, Neurofeedback Training, Neurotherapy, Psychological astrology, Reconnective Healing, Past Life Regression / Reincarnation Therapy, Reiki, Shiatsu Therapy, Walk Coaching, Nutrition Coaching.